SL 2002 Winter Meetings Rules Agreements
as transcribed by League Scribe Keith Klein
Rules Passed at the 01.18.02 Winter Meeting
As the great Steve Swinea once scrawled, any loophole because of poor
phrasing is not really a loophole at all
- New SL members shall immediately become voting members.
- If a team's final available reliever of a game is injured or ejected,
the starting pitcher from 2 games previous is eligible to relieve. If the
starting pitcher replacing the last available reliever gets hurt, your DH
- Participants of each playoff series will decide who drives, with the
home team having the first option.
- Starting pitchers are announced before lineups are entered in each
playoff game. The visiting team announces their pitcher first.
- Free Agents pickups are limited to 75% of their MLB games played and
75% of their MLB CF games played.
- In the event of a regular season usage rule infraction that occurs for
a playoff team, that team and the first round opponent will decide by
gentlemen's agreement if any additional usage limitation should be placed
on the offending player or players.
- Any time after a team has clinched a playoff spot, that team may add
up to 2 free agent starting pitchers with at least 21 MLB games started to
their rotations. Benched pitchers are ineligible until the playoffs.
- Disallow players who have used all of their alloted steal attempts to
be on the back-end of a double or triple steal where no play can be made
- When teams have used up all of their eligibility at a position, they
must pick up a free agent. The free agent cannot attempt to steal or be
hit and run with, must be a J-0, J-1 or J-2 (if no J-0, J-1 or J-2s
available, then J-3), and, if the pick-up is to play CF, the free agent
must have played a minimum of 30 MLB CF games.